Have you seen our 22,000-square-foot recycling bin?
All right, that’s a bit of an exaggeration to make a point. You see, our facility is 22,000 square feet, and everything in it is recycled. All shavings, all scrap—even the paper we generate in the office.
Sustainability isn’t just about re-using. It’s also about what you don’t use. For us, that includes cutting oils. Our machines rarely require them. On the occasions they do, we utilize waste oil—essentially giving more life to what someone else has discarded. (And then that waste oil is sent out for further recycling.)
We also are vigilantly compliant with REACH and RoHS directives.
- Is an acronym for a regulation called the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals
- The strictest law to date regulating use of chemicals
- Requires companies to register substances
- Addresses impact on health of both humans and the environment
- Is an acronym for the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive
- Restricts the use of six hazardous chemicals in manufacturing
- Sets selection, recovery and recycling targets for electrical products and the waste that remains at the end of their lives
Sustainability is important to us, and has been for more than 50 years. Call
262-542-7296 and you can see for yourself by arranging to stop in and take a tour of our recycling bin.